Welcome to This Week In Pop.
This week, Boy & Bear and new Australian supergroup, The Barnestormers, make top 10 debuts in this week’s ARIA Albums Chart, as Morgan Wallen breaks Billy Ray Cyrus’ record on the Singles Chart.
Sydney band Boy & Bear’s eponymous album takes #4. It is their fifth studio album and fourth top 5.
Rockabilly supergroup, The Barnestormers, break the top 10 at #3 with the debut of their self-titled album. The band features Jimmy Barnes on vocals, The Living End’s Chris Cheney on guitar, Stray Cats’ Slim Jim Phantom on drums, producer Kevin 'Caveman' Shirley on bass, and UK music legend Jools Holland.
At #1 is 'Midnights' by Taylor Swift, jumping from #7 last week thanks to the release of the 'Til Dawn' edition. This is the album’s first time at #1 since February this year, marking its 13th non-consecutive week at the top.
'Where The Light Goes' by Matchbox Twenty debuts at #2. It is the band’s fifth studio album and first since 2012. They have four previous ARIA #1 albums.
Top 10 Albums1. 'Midnights' – Taylor Swift
2. 'Where The Light Goes' – Matchbox Twenty
3. 'The Barnestormers' – The Barnestormers
4. 'Boy & Bear' – Boy & Bear
5. 'One Thing At A Time' – Morgan Wallen
6. '-' – Ed Sheeran
7. 'SOS' – SZA
8. 'The Highlights' – The Weeknd
9. 'John Farnham: Finding The Voice (Music From The Feature Documentary)' – John Farnham
10. 'Harry's House' – Harry Styles
Top 10 Singles1. 'Last Night' – Morgan Wallen
2. 'Karma' – Taylor Swift
3. 'The Beginning: Cupid' – Fifty Fifty
4. 'Flowers' – Miley Cyrus
5. 'Fast Car' – Luke Combs
6. 'Daylight' – David Kushner
7. 'Boy's A Liar' – PinkPantheress
8. 'Kill Bill' – SZA
9. 'Die For You' – The Weeknd
10. 'Anti-Hero' – Taylor Swift