Welcome to This Week In Pop.
This week, Barbie's absolute cultural dominance continues as 'Barbie The Album' takes the #1 spot in this week's ARIA Albums Chart, while John Farnham's 'Greatest Hits' reaches a new chart peak.
In just over a week, 'Barbie' has grossed about $US500 million worldwide, with its soundtrack being the first to top the chart since 'Encanto' spent one week on top in March last year. It's also sent tracks from the album flying up the Singles Chart, with Billie Eilish’s 'What Was I Made For?' climbing from #8 to #2; 'Barbie World' by Nicki Minaj, Ice Spice and Aqua jumping from #23 to #3; and 'Dance The Night' by Dua Lipa up from #27 to #6.
Following the 24 July TV debut of 'John Farnham: Finding The Voice', Farnesy is also climbing the Albums Chart with four in the top 100. His 'Greatest Hits' reaches a new chart peak this week at #9.
On the Singles Chart, 'Sprinter' by Dave and Central Cee holds on top for the seventh non-consecutive week, while it's been a very good week for the K-pop group with a strong Australian contingent, NewJeans, after the release of their second EP 'Get Up'.
Top 10 Albums1. 'Barbie The Album' – Soundtrack
2. 'Speak Now (Taylor's Version)' – Taylor Swift
3. 'Midnights' – Taylor Swift
4. '1989' – Taylor Swift
5. 'One Thing At A Time' – Morgan Wallen
6. 'Lover' – Taylor Swift
7. 'The Highlights' – The Weeknd
8. 'Reputation' – Taylor Swift
9. 'Greatest Hits' – John Farnham
10. 'The Ballad Of Darren' – Blur
Top 10 Singles1. 'Sprinter' – Dave, Central Cee
2. 'What Was I Made For? (From The Motion Picture Barbie)' – Billie Eilish
3. 'Barbie World' – Nicki Minaj, Ice Spice & Aqua
4. 'Vampire' – Olivia Rodrigo
5. 'Last Night' – Morgan Wallen
6. 'Dance The Night' – Dua Lipa
7. 'Seven' – Jung Kook featuring Latto
8. 'Cruel Summer' – Taylor Swift
9. 'F*kumean' – Gunna
10. 'Fast Car' – Luke Combs