Welcome to This Week In Pop.
This week, four-time ARIA Award winner Genesis Owusu is back. The second studio album from the homegrown hero, 'Struggler', makes a top five debut on the ARIA Albums Chart.
'Barbie The Album' rises from #2 to #1 this week, with three songs from the soundtrack sitting in the top 10 on the Singles Chart: Dua Lipa’s 'Dance The Night' at #5, Billie Eilish’s former #1 'What Was I Made For?' at #7, and 'Barbie World' by Nicki Minaj, Ice Spice and Aqua at #9.
On the singles chart, Doja Cat’s 'Paint The Town Red' jumps from #6 to #1, marking her first #1 in Australia. Her previous best was 'Kiss Me More' featuring SZA, which reached #2 in 2020.
On the back of his Australian tour, Luke Combs’ 'Fast Car' bounces to a new peak of #2, up from #8 last week. It reached #3 in June, topping the original version by Tracy Chapman, which peaked at #4 in 1988.
Top 10 Albums1. 'Barbie The Album' – Soundtrack
2. 'Speak Now (Taylor's Version)' – Taylor Swift
3. 'The Highlights – The Weeknd
4. 'Struggler' – Genesis Owusu
5. 'Utopia' – Travis Scott
6. 'Midnights' – Taylor Swift
7. '1989' – Taylor Swift
8. 'This One's For You' – Luke Combs
9. 'Gettin' Old' – Luke Combs
10. 'One Thing At A Time' – Morgan Wallen
Top 10 Singles1. 'Paint The Town Red' – Doja Cat
2. 'Fast Car' – Luke Combs
3. 'Sprinter' – Dave, Central Cee
4. 'Cruel Summer' – Taylor Swift
5. 'Dance The Night' – Dua Lipa
6. 'Last Night' – Morgan Wallen
7. 'What Was I Made For? (From The Motion Picture Barbie)' – Billie Eilish
8. 'Vampire' – Olivia Rodrigo
9. 'Barbie World' – Nicki Minaj, Ice Spice & Aqua
10. 'F*kumean' – Gunna