Welcome to This Week In Pop.
This week, Linkin Park's 'Hybrid Theory' is #1 after 19 years, Fleetwood Mac score an ARIA top five single and 24kGoldn makes it three weeks at #1 on the Singles Chart.
This week's album chartifacts
#1: Linkin Park ‘Hybrid Theory: 20th Anniversary Edition’ – Reissued to celebrate two decades since its release, Linkin Park’s debut album 'Hybrid Theory' hits #1 on this week’s ARIA Albums Chart. Making its Top 50 debut at #42 in January 2001, the album got as high as #8 (January ’01) during its first year on the chart. A year later, it reached #2 in January 2002, later returning to that peak in July 2017 following the death of lead singer Chester Bennington.
#3: Chillinit ‘Full Circle’ – Chillinit scores his second career Top Ten on the ARIA Albums Chart with Full Circle. The Sydney rapper’s third album comes less than a year on from his previous release, The Octagon (#2 Feb. ’20). It includes a collaboration with Queensland rapper Lisi on the track ‘Stand For’.
This week's single chartifacts
#1: 24kGoldn Feat. Iann Dior ‘Mood’ – For the third straight week, ‘Mood’ by 24kGoldn is #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart. The San Francisco-born rapper has also spent three weeks at #1 in the UK, while also going to the top of the charts in New Zealand and Canada and peaking at #4 in the US.
#4: Fleetwood Mac ‘Dreams’ – The remarkable resurgence of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Dreams’ continues this week, with the track jumping ten spots to hit #4. The TikTok video by user Doggface208 that started the boom in interest has inspired a large number of parodies and tributes, including from Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood, and in the last week the track’s vocalist, Stevie Nicks. When it was originally released, ‘Dreams’ peaked at #19 in Australia in August 1977. It becomes Fleetwood Mac’s first appearance in the top Five in Australia since ‘Tusk’ in December 1979. The album Rumours has moved six spots to #11.
#8: Pop Smoke ‘What You Know Bout Love’ – Moving up three spots in its second week in the Top 50, ‘What You Know Bout Love’ becomes the second Top Ten single for the late rapper Pop Smoke. It currently sits three spots below the peak hit by his first Top Ten entry, ‘Mood Swings’ (#5 September ’20).
Top 10 Albums
1. 'Hybrid Theory: 20th Anniversary Edition' – Linkin Park
2. 'Live Around The World' – Queen, Adam Lambert
3. 'Full Circle' – Chillinit
4. 'The Speed Of Now Part 1' – Keith Urban
5. 'Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon' – Pop Smoke
6. 'The Album' – BLACKPINK
7. 'Legends Never Die' – Juice WRLD
8. 'Fine Line' – Harry Styles
9. 'folklore' – Taylor Swift
10. 'Tickets To My Downfall' – Machine Gun Kelly
Top 10 Singles
1. 'Mood' – 24kGoldn featuring Iann Dior'
2. 'WAP' – Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion
3. 'Head & Heart' – Joel Corry, MNEK
4. 'Dreams' – Fleetwood Mac
5. 'Holy' – Justin Bieber featuring Chance The Rapper
6. 'Lemonade' – Internet Money, Gunna featuring Don Toliver, NAV
7. 'Savage Love (Laxed – Siren Beat)' – Jawsh 685 x Jason Derulo
8. 'What You Know Bout Love' – Pop Smoke
9. 'You Broke Me First' – Tate McRae
10. 'Watermelon Sugar' – Harry Styles