Welcome back to This Week In Pop!
We've returned to bring you a weekly breakdown of the ARIA Charts.
This week, Taylor Swift is up on top of the Albums Chart with 'folklore'. Meanwhile, Luke Bryan and In Hearts Wake lead the album debuts and Jawsh 685 and Jason Derulo are atop the Singles Chart.
This week's album chartifacts
#1: Taylor Swift ‘folklore’ – For the third straight week, Taylor Swift holds #1 on the ARIA Albums Chart with 'folklore'. The third week at #1 coincides with the album’s release on CD. It becomes the only ARIA #1 album of 2020 to hold the top spot for more than two weeks.
#2: Luke Bryan ‘Born Here Live Here Die Here’ – Luke Bryan scores his third Top Ten on the ARIA Albums Chart as he releases 'Born Here Live Here Die Here'. The American country star’s seventh studio album comes three years on from 'What Makes You Country' (#6 December ’17).
#3: In Hearts Wake ‘Kaliyuga’ – Byron Bay’s In Hearts Wake take out their fourth career Top Ten with 'Kaliyuga'. Coming three years on from 'Ark' (#3 June ’17), it’s the metalcore band’s fifth studio album. Kaliyuga tops this week’s Vinyl Albums and Australian Artist Albums charts.
#6: Glass Animals ‘Dreamland’ – British band Glass Animals return with 'Dreamland', their first album in four years. The third album from the group becomes their first appearance in the ARIA Top Ten, having previously charted with 'How To Be A Human Being' (#11 September ’16) and 'Zaba' (#12 June ’14). The single ‘Tokyo Drifting’ features American rapper Denzel Curry.
This week's single chartifacts
#1: Jawsh 685 x Jason Derulo ‘Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat)’ – ‘Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat)’ by Jawsh 685 and Jason Derulo notches up its sixth week at #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart. The track breaks the record for the most weeks at #1 on the chart by a New Zealand artist, taking over from OMC’s ‘How Bizarre’ (#1 April ’96).
#2: Cardi B Feat. Megan Thee Stallion ‘WAP’ – American rapper Cardi B takes out her first Top Ten entry as a lead artist with ‘WAP’. The Megan Thee Stallion-featured track is the first to come from Cardi B’s forthcoming second album, the follow-up to 'Invasion Of Privacy' (#5 April ’18).
#8: Juice WRLD Feat. The Weeknd ‘Smile’ – The late Juice WRLD scores a third entry in this week’s Top 50 as ‘Smile’ debuts at #8. Featuring The Weeknd, the track is a part of an updated version of the rapper’s #1 album 'Legends Never Die' (#1 July ’20) that was released on the same day as the single. This week Juice WRLD also sits at #9 with ‘Come & Go’ and #20 with ‘Wishing Well’.
#10: Pop Smoke ‘Mood Swings’ – Jumping 24 spots in its second week in the Top 50, ‘Mood Swings’ becomes the late Pop Smoke’s first Top Ten single on the ARIA Charts. It takes over from ‘The Woo’ (#18 August ’20) as his highest chart peak. Both tracks come from the former #1 album 'Shoot For The Stars, Aim For The Moon' (#1 Jul. ’20).
Top 10 Albums
1. 'folklore' – Taylor Swift
2. 'Born Here Live Here Die Here' – Luke Bryan
3. 'Kaliyuga' – In Hearts Wake
4. 'Legends Never Die' – Juice WRLD
5. 'Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon' – Pop Smoke
6. 'Dreamland' – Glass Animals
7. 'Fine Line' – Harry Styles
8. 'F*ck Love' – The Kid Laroi
9. 'When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?' – Billie Eilish
10. 'Please Leave Your Light On' – Paul Kelly & Paul Grabowsky
Top 10 Singles
1. 'Savage Love (Laxed – Siren Beat)' – Jawsh 685 x Jason Derulo
2. 'WAP' – Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion
3. 'Rockstar' – DaBaby featuring Roddy Ricch
4. 'Roses' – SAINt JHN
5. 'Blinding Lights' – The Weeknd
6. 'Watermelon Sugar' – Harry Styles
7. 'Breaking Me' – Topic featuring A7S
8. 'Smile' – Juice WRLD featuring The Weeknd
9. 'Come & Go' – Juice WRLD & Marshmello
10. 'Mood Swings' – Pop Smoke