Welcome to This Week In Pop.
This week, Kings Of Leon take their fourth #1 album and Glass Animals are atop the Singles Chart for a third straight week.
This week's album chartifacts
#1: Kings Of Leon ‘When You See Yourself’ – Releasing their eighth album, 'When You See Yourself', Kings Of Leon grab their fourth #1 on the ARIA Charts. The follow-up to 'Walls' (#3 October ’16) also gives the American band their sixth Top Ten album in Australia. As well as on the traditional formats, 'When You See Yourself' has been released as a non-fungible token (NFT), a type of cryptocurrency that contains unique assets such as music and art. Kings Of Leon previously topped the ARIA Albums Chart with 'Only By The Night' (#1 September ’08), 'Come Around Sundown' (#1 October ’10) and 'Mechanical Bull' (#1 September ’13).
#3: The Wiggles ‘We're All Fruit Salad!: The Wiggles' Greatest Hits’ – The Wiggles equal their highest ever ARIA Albums Chart entry as they debut at #3 with new compilation 'We're All Fruit Salad!: The Wiggles' Greatest Hits'. Released to mark the ARIA Hall Of Fame members’ 30th anniversary, the album features 40 tracks featuring all the different line-ups of the group, plus new re-recorded versions of some of their classics. It equals the peak set by with 'Nursery Rhymes 2' (#3 March ’18). The Wiggles have previously charted with compilations 'Hot Potatoes! The Best Of The Wiggles' (#32 March ’14) and 'The Best Of' (#16 June ’16).
#9: A Day To Remember ‘You’re Welcome’ – Debuting at #9, A Day To Remember return with their seventh album 'You're Welcome'. The American pop-punk/hardcore band’s first album in five years becomes their second Top Five on the ARIA Charts, having hit #1 with previous album 'Bad Vibrations' (#1 September ’16).
This week's single chartifacts
#1: Glass Animals ‘Heat Waves’ – For the third straight week ‘Heat Waves’ by Glass Animals sits at #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart. The track was the subject of an episode of the 'Song Exploder' podcast released this week and has moved into the Top 5 in New Zealand.
#7: Drake ‘What’s Next’ – Drake hits this week’s chart with ‘What’s Next’ (#7) from the EP 'Scary Hours 2'. The follow-up to the 2018 EP 'Scary Hours' was announced the day before its release and features appearances by Rick Ross and Lil Baby. 2020 saw the Canadian rap superstar score Top Ten hits with ‘Toosie Slide’ (#3 April ’20) and ‘Laugh Now Cry Later’ (#3 August ’20). Drake has now racked up 15 Top Ten singles in Australia.
Top 10 Albums
1. 'When You See Yourself' – Kings Of Leon
2. 'Future Nostalgia' – Dua Lipa
3. 'We're All Fruit Salad!: The Wiggles' Greatest Hits' – The Wiggles
4. 'F*ck Love (Savage)' – The Kid Laroi
5. 'The Highlights' – The Weeknd
6. 'Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon' – Pop Smoke
7. 'Fine Line' – Harry Styles
8. 'When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?' – Billie Eilish
9. 'You're Welcome' – A Day To Remember
10. 'For Those That Wish To Exist' – Architects
Top 10 Singles
1. 'Heat Waves' – Glass Animals
2. 'Drivers License' – Olivia Rodrigo
3. 'Without You' – The Kid Laroi
4. 'The Business' – Tiesto
5. 'Calling My Phone' – Lil Tjay & 6lack
6. 'Goosebumps (Remix)' – Travis Scott & HVME
7. 'What's Next' – Drake
8. 'Cover Me In Sunshine' – P!nk + Willow Sage Hart
9. 'Save Your Tears' – The Weeknd
10. 'Levitating' – Dua Lipa