Welcome to This Week In Pop.
This week, the tour effect continues as Taylor Swift’s 'Midnights' returns to #1 for a 13th non-consecutive week on the ARIA Albums chart after ticket sales for her February visit sent the nation into a frenzy last week.
Taylor dominates the chart this week, with 6 albums in the top 10 and the entire top five, setting a new chart record. Until now, the record for dominance was held by Michael Jackson, who had the top three albums the week after he passed away in 2009.
Elsewhere, 'Pink Tape' by American rapper Lil Uzi Vert arrives at #7, their third studio album; Eternal Atake hit #1 in 2020.
On the singles chart, Olivia Rodrigo returns with 'Vampire', storming into the charts at #1. It’s her third chart-topper following 'Drivers Licence' and 'Good 4 U', both of which reached the summit in 2021.
Top 10 Albums1. 'Midnights' – Taylor Swift
2. 'Lover' – Taylor Swift
3. '1989' – Taylor Swift
4. 'Reputation' – Taylor Swift
5. 'Folklore' – Taylor Swift
6. 'One Thing At A Time' – Morgan Wallen
7. 'Pink Tape' – Lil Uzi Vert
8. 'The Highlights' – The Weeknd
9. 'Red (Taylor's Version)' – Taylor Swift
10. 'Dead Club City' – Nothing But Thieves
Top 10 Singles1. 'Vampire' – Olivia Rodrigo
2. 'Sprinter' – Dave, Central Cee
3. 'Cruel Summer' – Taylor Swift
4. 'Last Night' – Morgan Wallen
5. 'Fast Car' – Luke Combs
6. 'Anti-Hero' – Taylor Swift
7. 'Karma' – Taylor Swift
8. 'Flowers' – Miley Cyrus
9. 'Daylight' – David Kushner
10. 'The Beginning: Cupid' – Fifty Fifty