Welcome to This Week In Pop.
This week, Travis Scott is back in a big way as 'Utopia' takes the #1 position on the ARIA Albums Chart, while the Singles Chart has a new #1 with Billie Eilish.
'Utopia' is Scott’s second #1 album here after 'Astroworld' hit the top spot in 2018. The highly-anticipated album includes guest vocals from Beyonce, Playboy Carti, 21 Savage, Future, SZA, Sampha, Bon Iver and more; while the producers include James Blake, Kanye West, Pharrell Williams and Metro Boomin.
On the Singles Chart, the 'Barbie'-effect continues as Billie Eilish climbs from #2 to #1 with 'What Was I Made For?', marking the first single from the 'Barbie' soundtrack to reach #1. It’s her second chart-topper here and 15th top ten: 'Bad Guy' spent two weeks at #1 in 2019.
Two other songs from 'Barbie' are in the top five: 'Barbie World' by Nicki Minaj, Ice Spice and Aqua holds at #3, while Dua Lipa’s 'Dance The Night' steps up from #6 to #4.
Top 10 Albums1. 'Utopia' – Travis Scott
2. 'Austin' – Post Malone
3. 'Barbie The Album' – Soundtrack
4. 'Speak Now (Taylor's Version)' – Taylor Swift
5. 'Midnights' – Taylor Swift
6. '1989' – Taylor Swift
7. 'Lover' – Taylor Swift
8. 'Reputation' – Taylor Swift
9. 'One Thing At A Time' – Morgan Wallen
10. 'The Highlights' – The Weeknd
Top 10 Singles1. 'What Was I Made For? (From The Motion Picture Barbie)' – Billie Eilish
2. 'Sprinter' – Dave, Central Cee
3. 'Barbie World' – Nicki Minaj, Ice Spice & Aqua
4. 'Dance The Night' – Dua Lipa
5. 'Vampire' – Olivia Rodrigo
6. 'Last Night' – Morgan Wallen
7. 'Cruel Summer' – Taylor Swift
8. 'Meltdown' – Travis Scott featuring Drake
9. 'F*kumean' – Gunna
10. 'Fast Car' – Luke Combs