Bluesfest is the lastest event to be cancelled among a swathe of events that have succumbed to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a statement released on Facebook, Bluesfest's Executive Chairman Peter Noble OAM said: "It is obvious we will not be on this Easter. We are heartbroken as we believe we were presenting one of the best ever bills of talent for you.
"I was in discussions right through last week with every headliner – they ALL said they're coming as long as nothing occurred to prevent them from doing so. That is the level of commitment that our artists have, and I am proud of that.
"I must now thank every one of you for supporting us. The emails and posts are deeply appreciated at this time.
"We are now working through how to move forward and to give you details. I thank you for allowing us enough time to get everything in place for the best possible outcome for everyone."
The event was still slated to proceed as late as last week. On Friday the festival advised: 'Australian Prime Minister, Scott Morrison, wants all non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people to be suspended from Monday amid fears about the spread of the COVID-19.
'We are now awaiting the official requirement from Federal and State authorities on Monday and will update you at that time.'
Yesterday (Sunday), the Prime Minister announced the advisory status of 'static gatherings of in excess of 500 people to be avoided' will change to a legislated position to be enforced by the states. He said such events will be banned from Monday.
This will leave the promoters no option but to cancel or postpone the 2020 event. The 31st incarnation of Bluesfest was set to be held at the idyllic Tyagarah Tea Creek 9-13th April.