Anywhere Theatre 150px Umbrella 150px AIR tab 150px bigsound tab

Adelaide Fringe Reports Record Ticket Sales

Published in Arts News  
|   Tagged under   
Adelaide Fringe has outdone itself again with record ticket sales for 2017 showing that the love affair between artists, audiences and the festival is still going strong after more than 50 years.

Just like the majestic unicorn depicted on this year’s poster, the Fringe has soared to even greater heights with 655,541 tickets sold worth a total of $16.2 million. This is enough tickets to fill every seat in Adelaide Oval 13 times and is a 9 per cent increase on last year’s record sales.

Adelaide Fringe’s smaller venues performed well to account for 43 per cent of total ticket sales, while the three major outdoor hubs (the Garden of Unearthly Delights, Gluttony and Royal Croquet Club) made up the remaining 57 per cent.

Adelaide Fringe 2017 Fun Facts

1. 2017 Adelaide Fringe featured more than 5250 artists, 1160 shows and 453 spaces within 352 unique venues.
2. The program featured 290 comedy shows, 248 music events, 143 theatre productions, 132 cabaret shows, 89 visual arts and design exhibitions, 65 children’s events, 60 special events, 43 circus/physical theatre events, 38 dance shows, 25 interactive events, 17 magic shows and 10 film and digital events.
3. More than 650,000 tickets sold – an increase of 9 per cent on last year’s record sales.

Community

Facebook pink circle    Twitter pink circle    Instagram pink circle    YouTube pink circle

Queensland

Facebook pink circle    Twitter pink circle spacer40 spacer40

South Australia

Facebook pink circle  spacer40  spacer40  spacer40

New South Wales

Facebook pink circle  spacer40  spacer40  spacer40

Search

Newsletter