Event Director Ken Allen said the look and feel of the program reflected the Vic Park Summer Street Party ‘life’.
“It’s more than just a map,” Ken said. “It shows how Victoria Park transforms into a hub of alfresco food and wine, shopping, art and culture, dancing and live music and activities for one day each year.”
Highlights of the Vic Park Summer Street Party include:
- The Cultural Clash Fusion featuring the colour, joy and zeal of Bollywood Dancers performing with the crashing percussion and athletic and comic flamboyance of the Chinese Community Centre Lion Dance Troupe, mixed together with the funky street grooves of the Junkadelic Brass Band and a little Eco-Faerie Magic added.
- A WA ‘Mooja’ Christmas Wishing Tree designed specifically for the Vic Park Summer Street Party by local indigenous artist Nerolie Blurton.
- Six Seasons Art Exhibition including artworks created by the students from East Victoria Park Primary School inspired by the lessons from Dr Richard Walley and Nerolie Blurton.
- A main stage programmed by local record store Rhubarb Records and featuring a jam-packed schedule of Perth’s best rising stars in the indi music scene.
- A two-storey tall Venus Fly Trap at the Balmoral Hotel, created especially for the event.
The Eco Faeries will be running paper flower making workshops from 2pm to 5pm; and Green Fabric will be running beeswax food wrap making sessions from 2pm to 4pm.
More information on the Vic Party Summer Street Party here.