Gold Member is the lovechild of Azza G and Gus Gold.
Together, they are an electro-skank-hop, daiquiri-slinging two-piece from Sydney infusing zesty melodies and spicy rum beats with sweat vocals and minty guitar skanks. Or so their press release states!
The duo have shared stages with the likes of Sticky Fingers, Boo Seeka and Kim Churchill as well as playing such festivals as Woodford Folk Festival, Beyond The Valley and Party In The Paddock.
With a new single due out later this month ('Poppin'') from a forthcoming album that is scheduled for a May release, the lads will be part of the Shake N Bake tour (dates below) that also includes Boo Seeka and Bootleg Rascal.
So here's your chance to see a group we described last January as: 'Az’s vocals were stronger than expected; surprisingly fixating and extremely easy to listen to, backed by some impressive riffs on the guitar. Gus’ talent shines, adding electronic elements to each track all while tying the sounds together.'
Az and Gus have put their collective minds together to share 6 recent good twists in the road (literal and metaphorical) with us.
1. The bumps in the Sunshine Highway near Coolum (also best name for a road) in Queensland.
2. Fresh undies. Usually worn after a shower... showering is a luxury when touring (usually means a good night's sleep).
3. Waking up/ breakfast every morning (almost; there's a theme here).
4. Perfect poached eggs. Means you made some $$$ on merch and can afford breakfast at a decent café with good coffee (ok, now it's very breakfast oriented).
5. Gay marriage legalised.
6. When you laugh so hard your cheeks hurt.
Gold Member Tour DatesSat 13 Jan - Woolly Mammoth (Brisbane)
Sun 14 Jan - The Northern (Byron Bay)
Fri 19 Jan - Baha (Rye)
Sat 20 Jan - Northcote Social Club (Melbourne)
Sun 21 Jan - Sooki Lounge (Melbourne)
Fri 2 Feb - Hotel Tamworth (Tamworth)
Sat 3 Feb - Federal Hotel (Bellingen)
Sun 11 Feb - Romano's (Wagga Wagga)
Fri 16 Feb - Mojo's Bar (Fremantle)
Sat 17 Feb - Jack Rabbit Slim's (Perth)
Fri 23 Feb - Rad Bar (Wollongong)