After a huge 12 months that saw him conquer a 26-date tour across Australia, become 2017's #2 most-played artist on triple j Unearthed and be handpicked by Odesza as main support on their European album tour, it's now time to step inside Sydney producer Muto’s next warped soundscape: his debut EP, 'Arcane'.
To promote the release, Muto has planned a national tour in August-September. Before he departs for life on the road, Muto shares three of his favourite, hidden places in Australia.
1. Clontarf, Moreton Bay.This is definitely an underrated harbour-side beach as there is something for everyone. When the tide is low, you can comfortably walk around the rocks to one of the many other secluded beaches and enjoy the stunning views or hike around some of the native trails. One of my top spots for summer when you want to get away from the crowds.
2. Belgrave Cartel, Sydney.My favourite cafe/ bar in Manly hands down. Itʼs a cozy, boutique spot that's open from breezy till late, has live, local music and serves tasty-as food and 'drank'. Itʼs always a great vibe there and perhaps not as well known as some of the other big venues in the area. Tequila is always flowing there, which is never a bad thing.
3. Peregian Beach, Sunshine Coast.This place has always been a home away from home for me as my Dad has lived there most of my life. Itʼs a little slice of paradise where the ocean never gets cold and the weather is always magical. Itʼs becoming a little more gentrified now that word has got around, but I still believe it to be one of the nicest spots on the east coast and I always feel rejuvenated after a trip there.
4. Leederville, Perth.Awesome suburb in the heart of Perth. I spent almost a year there and loved it. Itʼs got boutique bars and retail stores, a skate park and plenty of good music. Usually where I spend most of my time when I get over there.
5. The Red Rattler, Sydney.Really unique space in Marrickville supplying everything from theatre to techno. An intimate venue that keeps a low profile and can be transformed in to all sorts of creative spaces. Iʼll be playing my brand new, live show there later in the year and turning the space into my own world.
'Arcane' is available now.
Muto Australia Tour 2018Fri 17 Aug - Jack Rabbit Slim's (Perth)
Sat 18 Aug - The Waratah (Hobart)
Fri 24 Aug - Rad (Wollongong)
Sat 25 Aug - Yah Yah's (Melbourne)
Fri 31 Aug - Rocket Bar & Rooftop (Adelaide)
Sat 1 Sep - The Red Rattler Theatre (Sydney)
Fri 7 Sep - Mr Wolf (Canberra)
Sat 15 Sep - Proud Mary's (Central Coast)
Fri 21 Sep - The TBC Club (Brisbane)