The band is heavily inspired by Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Lee Morgan, Hank Mobley and Clifford Brown. This incarnation of Boplore will include Dan Quigley on trumpet, Graeme Norris on sax plus a rhythm section made of students from the Jazz Music Institute (JMI).
Ahead of their next performance at JMI, Dan showcases his sneaker-freaker tendencies sharing 5 of his favourite styles of Tiger Asics shoes.
1. Black leather with white stripes.The 'Classic 1.0'.Everyone should have at least one pair of these. Did I say everyone?!
2. White with red and blue stripes.The 'Classic 2.0'. These are the next ones you buy.
3. Yellow leather with black stripes.Think 'Kill Bill'. These are not for the fainthearted; die-hard Asics fans only.
4. Dark blue with white or any colour stripes.Great, all-occasion colour and can accessorise with the colours.
5. Green with any colour stripes.Except yellow as you don’t want to look like you’re at the Olympics.
Boplore play JMI Live (Brisbane) 18 August.