Revelation Perth International Film Festival has announced its 2018 programme.
Curated once again by Jack Sargeant, the Revelation Perth International Film Festival sees a diverse selection of films drawn from across the world.
Boasting Revelation's commitment to signature works, independent cinema, genre film, world cinema, and unique breathtaking movies, this year is no exception with a programme drawn from Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Mexico, Hungary, Japan and all points in between.
Featuring award-winning movies, world, international and local premieres, new Australian works and live performances, Revelation is a celebration of the strength of all aspects of screen culture.
Festival Director and founder Richard Sowada says he is very proud of this year’s event.
“We simply can’t stand still,” Richard says. “For 2018, we’re delivering in areas of art and culture that takes Rev right to the very front of the exploration of what a film festival can be.”
“It’s very exciting for us and we hope for audiences.”
This year, the festival is featuring a break-out Revelation Music Days programme with a line-up of international, national and local musicians playing venues across the city, a specially curated Webfest, Virtual Reality works that lead from the front and the WA premiere of the controversial Terror Nullius.
Revelation is dedicated to presenting independent cinema from around the globe in a context that explores film’s great traditions, its contemporary movements and its future directions.
Highlights of Revelation 2018 will also include:
- Alexander Hacke & Danielle de Picciotto– presenting two very special performances and an artists’ talk;
- A special retrospective celebrating Director/Producer Hal Ashby with a feature documentary about his career plus special screenings of classics Shampoo, The Last Detail and Being There;
- Animated short films at Mini Rev with free children’s screenings at the State Library of WA;
- Daily free screenings of Studio Ghibli titles for anime enthusiasts;
- Semiconductor – a moving image exhibition exploring both art and science; paying homage to the evolution of the motion picture show in Perth;
- The WA premiere of Terror Nullius which was condemned as un-Australian ai its world premiere;
- Screenwest’s annual showcase of emerging WA filmmaking talent in Get Your Shorts On!
As well as industry guests and speakers, seminars and masterclasses.
Attracting audiences of over 21,000 people annually, Revelation continues to grow and has become the ‘go-to’ event for independent filmmakers, distributors and discerning audiences.
2018 will feature over 180 films, 25 world and international premieres and 57 Australian premieres.
The complete programme is now online.