Now based in Newcastle, James is constantly touring as he builds a loyal following captivated by his naturally gifted voice, self-taught guitar and mesmerising lyrics.
He shares 5 items he'd take with him to a deserted island.
1. WaterEveryone knows you literally can't survive without water.
2. LoveWithout love you'd go insane and probably end up dying, so I'd take somebody with me that loves me.
3. MusicI'd need to take at least one of my many guitars; if I couldn't play music for an extended period of time I'd turn into a very miserable person.
4. A box of matchesIf I could get a fire started and keep it going forever there'd be no getting cold; just one box of matches would fix that. Hopefully there's a cave somewhere, so I could build it out of the way of the weather.
5. BodyboardI couldn't live without a bodyboard full stop.
James Bennett ShowsFri 6 Oct - The Fox Den (Gloucester)
Sun 8 Oct - The Recky (Pacific Palms)
Sat 14 Oct - Buskers By The Creek (Gold Coast)
Sun 15 Oct - Wingham Akoostik Festival
21-22 Oct - Junee Licorice & Chocolate Factory
Fri 27 Oct - Kincumber Hotel
Sat 28 Oct - Seabreeze Hotel (South West Rocks)