A collaborative effort, the pair's new 7-track EP, 'Verses', was written and self-produced at home. Blending layers of shimmering guitars, gliding synths with airy vocals, the body of work explores themes of growing up too quickly, family complications, love and heartbreak.
With shows in Gold Coast, Brisbane and Sydney this weekend, Lastlings share their 5 favourite places to eat when on tour.
1. Mile-End Bagels, MelbourneWe love a good bagel. Especially the salmon and edamame smash bagel from there. The fit-out is cute too and everyone’s super nice.
2. China Bar, MelbourneDumplings are our favourite food and we're always on the hunt for new dumpling places when on tour. This place is normally near our accommodation, so we head in here almost every time we visit Melbourne.
3. Belly-Bao, SydneyDefinitely one of our favourite places to visit in Sydney. The staff are so lovely and the food is incred. The pork belly bao, sweet-potato fries and the fried chicken is ridiculous. Oh and the desert boas are !!!!.
4. WAGAYA, BrisbaneYou’ll usually catch us eating here when we play in Brisbane. Being half Japanese, we love our Japanese cuisine and we normally order the usual salmon sashimi, gyoza, agedashi tofu and a bunch of other things. It’s pretty dangerous though because you order off a touchscreen and end up ordering so much food.
5. Taste Gallery, BrisbaneWe say 'Brisbane', but it’s a little south of Brisbane on the highway in a place called Sunnybank that has incredible Asian food. This is probably our favourite dumpling place and always visit with the fam if we’re on the way to Brisbane or on the way back home to the Gold Coast.
Their xiao long bao (Shanghai dumplings) are amazing. When you bite into them the soup pours out and is like an explosion of flavour in your mouth.
'Verses' is available now.
Lastlings ShowsFri 24 Mar - Elsewhere (Gold Coast)
Sat 25 Mar - Black Bear Lodge (Brisbane)
Fri 31 Mar - Brighton Up Bar (Sydney)